Monday, May 23, 2011

FARMING WEEK # 2 - Day 2

I LOVE YOU, ANNIE.




Sunday, May 22

Ann's birthday
Blog post
A few farm photos to FB
Yesterday I checked the planted bush beans and was pleased to find sprouting beans under the soil. Phew. There was a chance that the rain would have rotted them.
I've been clipping the wings on various escapee chickens. Yesterday none of them jumped the fence...
Dishes, breakfast, laundry
Bookkeeping
Laundry # 2, 3, 4
Planted bush beans - Royal Burgandy 55d, Dragon, Annellino di Trento, 25 feet each with fertilizer and inoculant
Used the broad fork in the pole bean area and decided to let it sit for a day before planting. In theory, to dry out a bit.
RAIN
Hoed the extra early tomatoes and planted 50 feet of New Zealand spinach and Crackerjack marigolds in the same bed. I am hoping that the NZ spinach will turn into a living mulch.
Toured the whole garden thinking about the farm shares.
The field is pretty wet but I think I will be able to set out tomatoes at the upper edge.
I am getting a bit tired of the rain BUT it is a lovely change from drought.
Supper, movie, knitting, fold clothes, sleep

LETTUCE AND KALE AND ENDIVE - READY TO PICK

No comments: