Wednesday, May 4, 2011

FARM WEEK - DAY 7



One of my favorite daffodils - giant sized and easy to see up in the orchard.



Monday, May 2

oops, stiff again
dishes, bills,
blogging catch up
planted Swiss chard, 225 feet
watered seedlings
low energy today
planted leaf lettuce, 180 feet
planted spinach, 225 feet
planted a bunch of in a "nursery area" - a spot when I can grow up some seedlings outside and then move them, hopefully a spot where they are protected, safe and easy to care for - Fennel, kolrabi, sorrel, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, 5 kinds of scallions, four-o-clocks, 12 kinds of head lettuce

I am glad I pushed through my tired, low energy wall! Lots more to go on another day.
Back to gardening on my days off. This week's goals: set out the onions and leeks, plant parsnips and early flowers, prune and transplant raspberries, catch up on indoor planting and CSA communications, and oh yes!, twenty day old chicks are coming!




Nursery area

No comments: