- poultry care
- dishes/clean hands
- picked extras, emailed and posted, chilled the greens
- checked on the birds around 1:30. They were fine but it was a long time since the morning. I saved some hatching eggs but I may use tomorrow's instead because of the heat today. Plus, I want more Welsummer eggs. So far I have saved mostly green eggs.
- still have accounts and two forms to fill out and get notarized this afternoon. There's still hope but I do not like working against a deadline.
- sold a bunch of kale and mesclun, a big sale for me.
- refrigerated vegies.
- checked for eggs
- Fastest account clean up and tax form writing I've ever done. Now off to get notarized. Luckily, it rained again while I was working so I didn't feel as bad about missing outside time.
- Note to self: Never get so behind on accounts again!
- nice rain
PS sorry about these boring, whiny posts. Soon I will be on to actual farming, cheery writing, and pretty pictures.
PPS Check out this sweet article from NPR about salad. "Everyone says, 'Your food is so good,' " Lloyd says. "But it's the farmers who give me the products that make it good." (Jordan Lloyd, chef and owner of the Bartlett Pear Inn in Easton, Md)