Thursday, August 28, 2008

September Farm Week - Wednesday

1 - posted at the blog
2 - dishes
3 - froze Green Annellino beans - about 5 pints.
4 - made freezer pickles (see recipe blog)
5 - thought some more about maybe working this afternoon. I decided to stick to my plan of staying on the farm, even though it was sort of hard to choose my needs over my clients'. I ended up doing a bunch of philosophizing while digging. It's always so challenging to decide on the correct course of action and to interpret my own needs and feelings. ie Does that slight unhappy feeling in my gut mean I should go clean their house or does mean it's hard for me to choose me? If I feel uneasy, should I just do what feels easier or push through and do the hard thing? I actually like thinking about this sort of dilemma but I hate the undecided, unclear feeling.
6 - set up the Squeezo for Rob to use to make applesauce. (Thanks Rob!)
7 - turned over soil in the west garden and marked the beds. Now the west garden is all weeded. (!)
8 - lopped down more sumac around the chicken coop.
9 - lunch
10 - more lopping, especially the south end of the west garden and the raspberry patch
11 - picked squashes and cucumbers. (lots) (I realized that it would be useful to keep track of how many of each variety of squash are picked. A bit late for this year...2009)
12 - email
13 - dishes
14 - started weeding the sandraberries - driven off by bugs
15 - started weeding the flowers - driven off by bugs!

No comments: