Wednesday, August 27, 2008

September Farm Week - Tuesday

I decided to experiment with a new way of using the blog. Kind of more of a log of activities for the farm. I often get behind on my record keeping for planting and so forth. Perhaps this will help.
Of course I have no idea if anyone actually reads this blog. If so, the details of planting, variety names, cultivation practices, ideas, planning, etc. may or may not be of interest to you.

Anyway for the rest of this farm week at least I will try out this new thing.

Farm Log
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Sent out the weekly CSA email.
Posted at the CSA blog, the farm stand blog and the recipe blog.
Weeded the west garden - almost finished.
Cut sumac in the old chicken yard.
Canceled my cleaning job for Wednesday. (What was I thinking when I offered to do that?)
Weeded the greenhouse. (much improved!)
Let the chickens run loose!

My faith in the chickens was well founded. They barely wandered from their pen in the garage, were much happier pecking around in the grass and eating worms and such and they very naturally returned to their pen before dark.

Next year: Do not let anything interrupt my farm weeks; no rearranging my work schedule to suit my clients.

All that is left to weed in the west garden is the space between the pole beans and the Asian onions.

No comments: