Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Winter

It's been one snow storm after another around here. Lots of shoveling and staying home. There's always so much to do at home, (and I love being home), so it's not a problem for me. Instead it's a peaceful, quiet time. And there is time for more home projects which today meant ordering seeds! I haven't got the knack of ordering seeds quickly. So it always feels like it takes far too long and by the time I am done I feel pretty bleary. Today I finished!

I enjoy reading the catalogs and thinking about what the harvest will look and taste like if I purchase a particular combination of varieties. I like growing many kinds of vegetables and many varieties of them. It's one reason that having a CSA suits me. More on seeds and garden planning later.

For now, here are a few pictures I took the other morning when I went out to feed the chickens. It was in between storms, a cold, icy morning. I don't recall ever seeing ice crystals like these:









And some turkeys that have been coming around of late:

No comments: