Friday, May 21, 2010

Wedding Salad




Well, I did it! I managed to grow over 8 pounds of salad greens for the wedding tomorrow, as requested. And it was ready on the right day. Part planning, part experience, and part luck. I feel a lot more relaxed just knowing there are 8 pounds of greens all picked and washed and waiting in the frig. Tomorrow I will pick and wash some radishes and then it will time for the wedding!

Congratulations to Allison and Jan- Erik! I wish you joy and health.

After this blogging and tea break, my next project is to take down the poor, sad looking greenhouse frame, (crushed by our last snow storm - two feet of very wet, heavy snow), set up a support fence for the sweet peas, prep the beds for tomatoes and plant pole beans! I am hoping that the tomatoes will be in by late Sunday. We'll see. There is just so much to do right now. And I mean RIGHT NOW!



Thanks for the photo, Sheila!

No comments: